Suggested workflow for managing Qualitative research using OpenMeta and tags.
The inspiration came from ProfHacker. Here is my suggested workflow:
- Transcribe and breakdown your sources into short txt files.
- Apply OpenMeta tags via Tagit to each txt file. You can also batch-apply tags to many files simultaneously.
- Ideas for tags: concept, focus, source, rating, theme, description, importance
- You can apply tags to any filetype.
- Dive in. Group, separate, combine, delete, categorize etc. Just make sure you can track-back your sources and that you aren’t lost throughout your references.
Search for Tags through Spotlight/Finder
Easy, isn’t it?
Suggested free apps
Tags and geekery
OpenMeta tags are supported by our favorite geek-related apps:
Full list here: OpenMetaApplications – openmeta – A list of applications that use OpenMeta. – OpenMeta is an OS X standard for adding tags, ratings, and other metadata to files. – Google Project Hosting